Call for applications
No application period right now!
The Research School invites PhD students to apply for one of ten positions. This is a national announcement; we welcome applications from all universities in Sweden. Postgraduate students who are offered a position in the programme must be enrolled in and receive funding from their home departments.
The Research School in Global Health provides state of the art research training in the area of Global Health. The programme is mainly offered by three internationally renowned academic institutions, Umeå University, Karolinska Institutet and Lund University, with long experience in research training programs in collaboration with low and middle-income country institutions.
RSGH offers students:
- Access to a variety of Global health courses (both in Global Health and professional development)
- Opportunities to participate in seminars, networking, and develop transferable skills. Special encounters to be organized annually for RSGH students
- Mobility grants: travel and lodging allowances during course periods
- Bridging grants: possibility to apply for grants covering time spent in Sweden during Research School activities not covered by other means
- International grants: grants for attending courses and conferences outside Sweden
- "Diploma in Research Training in Global Health" awarded at the end of their studies in addition to their degrees
- Platform to develop a multi-disciplinary network of scientific excellence of researchers with expertise in key issues and themes in Global Health and resources to develop courses, seminars, workshops etc.
The Research School has funding until December 2016 through the Swedish Council for Health, Working life and Welfare. Activities after that will depend on an extension of the grant or alternative funding sources.
Applicants must be registered PhD students at a Swedish university with PhD plans addressing Global Health issues. Applicants should be registered between June 2011 and May 2013 (or in the process of registration) and should not have reached half-time control/midterm seminar.
If selected, applicants are committed to participate in Global Health related courses arranged by the School (minimum 10 ECTS), at least two transferable skills workshops/ courses and one annual meeting according to RSGH regulations
Applications are accepted in English and in electronic form (word or PDF) Applications should contain the following:
- Application form – see attached file
- Existing PhD plan submitted to your institutions for PhD of 5-10 A4 pages.
- Motivation letter